Building a small business website is important to inform your audience, explain your value proposition, boost brand recognition and drive sales
To build a business website, you first need to choose a domain name and secure web hosting. Then, optimize your website to improve your search engine rankings and drive traffic.
Keep your website up to date and optimized for mobile devices. Also, ensure your site speed is adequate to improve your search engine rankings.
Have the following pages ready on the business website
- Mention your main service/product (e.g. “financial advisor”)
- Have 3 boxes with more service details (e.g. Small Biz, Female Entrepreneurs, Starting a business)
- Have a clear call to action – i.e. What page do you want them to visit next?
- Have a small section about yourself including a photo of you
Been working on your website for months?
- Overwhelmed? You might question yourself:
- Is it enough?
- Is it good enough?
- What will my customers think?
- I don’t have enough blogs yet
- Highlight your main service at the top (e.g. financial advisor)
- Describe how your customers can benefit from your service (what’s in it for them? What’s the result when they book you / buy from you?)
- Explain the steps to work with you / how to buy from you
- Have a clear call to action (e.g. download this PDF, book a session, visit the shop)
- Don’t add your CV
- No-one cares about certificates, achievements, or why you started the business
- Add interesting facts about you so people can relate to you, e.g. do you have pets? Do you fly helicopters? Do you have a strange hobby? Are you a bookworm? Which type of books?
- Include a casual but good photo of yourself
- Mention who you’d love to work with
- Flip it – make the about page about your customer
Checkout our about us page – about globally digital
- Add a contact form
- Add a telephone number
- Add a location (town or city), so people know where you are in the world
- Add one testimonial – in case they’re hesitant to work with you.
- Invite them to contact you
Privacy / GDPR page
- Find a template you can use
- Add your details
- Put a link in the footer
What about the blog?
- One thing at a time
- Get your website launched
- Add your site to business directories & all your social media profiles
- Start thinking about blog ideas AFTER the launch
- Building a successful blog takes months
When will you launch it?
Do you have the most important things covered?
Mention it everywhere.
Move on to moving forward.
Let me know what is stopping you in the comments